The BBC and the Guardian have probably not noticed this, but over the last week public opinion has moved decisively to the right. You could hear it yesterday in David Cameron’s speech. No apologies or analysis of the rioters behaviour, just the simple and correct explanation that they are criminals and will be punished. This is such a refreshing breath of fresh air after more than half a century of socialist denial and excuses about the ills of our society.
The public are now mightily pissed off about working hard to pay taxes to support a criminal, feckless, parasitic underclass. And underclass who can afford expensive clothes, expensive phones and yet who did over Â£200 million of damage to our cities.
This is a great opportunity for the coalition to remove some of the post war cancer of socialism that is a disease in our society. Especially they need to unravel the welfare state so that it becomes the safety net of last resort, not a source for funding an alternative lifestyle, as it is at present. The socialists have created a society where work is optional and getting pregnant is an income stream. This must stop.
If the government doesn’t act then the nasty political parties of the right will gain legitimacy and will attract public support.
Here are some measures that we may well see:
- Workfare instead of jobseekers allowance. This single move would save taxpayers a fortune and would radically shift attitudes in the underclass.
- The reintroduction of married persons’ tax allowance. Creating economic incentives to foster nuclear families. Single parents are a bad option and are at the root of many of our social problems.
- Our failed education system massively reorganised to solve the problem that 20% of adults are functionally illiterate. We need 100% of school leavers able to read and write as well as do arithmetic.
- Disciplinary powers restored to parents, teachers and police. Socialist dogma has removed the ability to bring children up properly. When they do wrong it must be possible to punish them.
- Removal of state hand outs for people with sociopathic behaviour. Already we are seeing the threat of the removal of social housing for those convicted of rioting. This can go much further with the removal of nuisance neighbours and dealing with the feral gangs who blight many housing estates. State hand outs should only go to good citizens.
- Removal of the incentive to get pregnant as a source of income. This Cathy Come Home culture is a massive and expensive blight on our society. Homeless single mothers should be put in dormitories which they pay for with workfare.
- Revamping the whole benefits system to be one of looking after genuine need instead of being a lifestyle choice, as it is at present.
- Continued re-evaluation of the disabilities benefit system so that only those who are genuinely incapable of work receive money. At present the system contains millions of parasites who are perfectly capable of working but who prefer to live off other people’s hard earned taxes.
- New laws about anti social behaviour, especially criminal activity at demonstrations and Flash Mob criminality. These are needed firstly because currently anti social elements are getting away with it and secondly because the interwebs have changed the social dynamic.
- Teaching of good citizenship and morality. In the absence of religion many people have no moral compass. The state can institute values in people that are a framework to good citizenship.
- No tolerance policing. The graffiti vandals and litterers are low level sociopaths who need punishing before they become high level sociopaths.
Let’s hope that the government does all of the above, and more. Socialist dogma is a nasty disease which is at the root of most of society’s problems. This is a fantastic opportunity to get rid of lots of it and return this country to being run sensibly.