When I was young the people of the USA voted in presidents who practiced good government. They made America a better place and with that they made the world a better place. There was very little difference between Democrats and Republicans, doing the right thing for the country came first.
Now America is divided into two nasty tribes, both driven by false dogma. They have elected a succession of useless presidents who have had zero moral compass and who have led America into a downwards spiral, economically and ethically. And the poor American voters have no credible way of actually voting for good government.
The two tribes are:
Conservatives. Typified by gun owning, redneck, bigoted, racist, Zionist trailer trash. They want to put all black people in prison, nuke Gaza and I-ran and to kill lots of A-rabs.
Liberals. (Who are not liberal). Typified by East Coast “intellectuals” and West Coast “creatives”. They want socialism. In America. When rejecting this failed, bankrupt creed is what has made America great. And when most of the rest of the world has now banished this pernicious disease.
So what is going wrong:
- Interfering in other countries. America has now built bases all over the world and uses special forces and drones to commit acts of war against many countries on a daily basis. Bush’s illegal invasion of Iraq killed more than a million people. The current bombing of Islamic State is utterly stupid and massively expensive for negligible results. But America won’t act against strong countries, look at Russia in the Ukraine. This makes owning nukes a very good idea for any country, it forces America to leave you alone. As with North Korea.
- Guantanamo. Torture. Extraordinary rendition. America occupies the moral low ground, it has run lots of policies for lots of years that are against the principles of the founding fathers. US governments have been nasty and venal, losing the country all respect in the world.
- Immense government deficits. $18 trillion dollars of accumulated debt. This is an unbelievable amount of money and it is utterly unsustainable. But it is so big that it can never be paid off. Federal spending is out of control. It has only been perpetuated thus far by the dollar being the world’s reserve currency. But a bubble can only grow so big before it bursts. A big part of the problem is believing false prophets like PaulÂ Krugman and Joseph Stiglitz who believe in a big, interventionist state, when all the evidence says that this is the worst possible option.
- Ridiculous punishment of business. AtÂ 35%, the United States has the highest top corporate tax rate of any of the world’s developed economies. So companies move their jurisdiction to another country and pay lower tax there. They export production, investment and jobs offshore. They warehouse trillions of dollars overseas so as not to pay USA tax on it, depriving America of growth and investment. Corporation tax is the most stupid tax and the lower it is the better for the economy. Arthur Laffer could tell them how to fix this problem.
- Not taxing the rich. There are so many tax breaks available to the rich that paying tax, contributing to running the country, is purely optional. So they don’t bother.
- Racism and an out of control militarised police. Killing unarmed black people is routine for American police. Locking as many black people up as possible is the aim of the American criminal justice system. Whilst providing black people with great education is not deemed socially necessary. America is increasingly a fascist, racist country. With a black Democrat president.
- Zionism. Zionists control American politics. So America throws massive monetary, military and intelligence support behind the illegal, racist, ethnic cleansing, mass murdering, apartheid pariah state that is Israel. It is amazing that America is effectively borrowing billions of dollars, putting its citizens into ever deeper debt, to support this evil country. It also means that America is enemies with all the decent, moral countries and people who oppose Israel.
There is much more that is wrong and there is nobody who even looks like they are remotely near fixing any of it. USA has become a nasty place and it is getting steadily nastier, a true dystopian state. And all the presidential candidates I have heard are venal, small minded people with no vision of how to cure America’s problems and make the country great again.